The Long Now Foundation presents
[size=40]Longplayer San Francisco[/size]
1,000 years in three simultaneous acts
Act 1: Jem Finer's Longplayer is a 1,000 year long composition that's been playing in one form or another since the beginning of the millennium. For 1,000 minutes this October 16, it takes the form of 18 musicians playing hundreds of singing bowls on a 60 foot-wide custom-built instrument in YBCA's Forum.
Act 2: Longplayer will be presented with the Long Conversation, an epic relay of one-to-one conversations among some of the Bay Area's most interesting minds.
Act 3: Interpreting the Long Conversation in real time will be a data visualization performance by Sosolimited; an art and technology studio out of M.I.T.
Tickets are good for all events; the 6 hour Long Conversation, performance by Sosolimited and the 16.6 hour Longplayer performance. There is additional information at the end of the release.
7:00 am to 11:40 pm
* Longplayer will be performed from 7:00 am to 11:40 pm.
* Long Conversation & Sosolimited will take place from 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
$28 general admission
* Limited Seating, seats not guaranteed.
* Tickets are good for all 3 events.
* Ins and outs are encouraged.
Members of partner organizations receive one free ticket:
* The Long Now Foundation
* Contemporary Jewish Museum
* Yerba Buena Center for the Arts