Postcards from Gowanus is a creative research program exploring a multitude of approaches to mapping Brooklyn’s Gowanus neighborhood.
An exhibit and radio narrowcast will occur at Cabinet’s gallery space March 17-19, with a closing reception and performances on Friday, March 19 from 6-9pm.
Postcards from Gowanus features work by:
• Bianca Ahmadi - Eyes on Gowanus
• Patrick Carey - Bricks and Paint and Water and Metal
• Penny Duff - Sounding the Infra-ordinary: Gowanus
• Kasia Gladki - The Many Scapes of the Gowanus
• Juan David Gonzalez-Monroy - The Dead Whale: Message from the afterlife.
• Gabrielle Herbst and Allie Tyspin - Architecture as Baggage on the Body
• Amir Husak - Gowanus Unheard
• Maria Papadomanolaki - Sounds in-between
• Heidi Prenevost and David Smith - Double Helix
• Sterling Basement - Songs of the Gowanus
• Bryan Zimmerman - “The Slate Was Her Parlor”
Friday night performances by:
• Juan David Gonzalez-Monroy
• Sterling Basement
• Gabrielle Herbst + Maria Papadomanolaki
Sib Radio Gowanus includes audio work from: A.G, another electronic musician, Knut Aufferman, Giancarlo Bracchi, Myroslav Bytz & Nick Heling, Peter Cusack, dergar, Exportion, Jonny Farrow, Gabrielle Herbst, Amir Husak, Lina Lapelyte, Last Days, Leaf Loft, manekinekod, Sally Ann McIntyre, Todd Merrell, murmer, Naono, near the parenthesis, Oneohtrix Point Never, Dimitris Papadatos, Maria Papadomanolaki, Heidi Prenevost & David Smith, Sawako, Janek Schaeffer, Jeremy D. Slater, Solo Andata, Sterling Basement, Sublamp, Mark Templeton, Myke Dodge Weiskopf, Mark Peter Wright, Bryan Zimmerman.
The program is collaboratively organized by Penny Duff (exhibit), Gabrielle Herbst (performances), and Maria Papadomanolaki (radio) as part of Cabinet's Intern Initiative Program and is sponsored in part by free103point9.
Cabinet is located at 300 Nevins Street between Union and Sackett Streets in Gowanus, Brooklyn. The gallery is open Tuesday to Saturday, 12-6pm, and by appointment.
For more information about the program, please visit: http://postcardsfromgowanus.blogspot.com