FULL-TIME POSITION AVAILABLE: APPLY ASAP
The Hemispheric Institute of Performance and Politics
http://hemisphericinstitute.org/ at New York University is looking to fill the full-time position of Manager, Web Design and Development.
Candidates must apply directly through the NYU system (Posting Number: 20096132).
The Manager of Web Design and Development is responsible for the architecture and operation of the Institute’s multilingual website and digital media; develops new technologies and digital platforms to meet the Institutes research, publication and teaching needs; implements consistent branding and design across web, print and other formats; and provides technology training for Institute faculty, staff and other collaborators. The MWDD manages all information technology services, activities and performance of technology tools for the Hemispheric Institute. Responsibilities
● Manages the Institute's website, including its content, overall architecture and functionality. Maintains and updates content management system (JOOMLA!), and implements the migration of content into updated JOOMLA! site. Creates and updates project pages and materials for courses, events, photo and video galleries, and publications in accordance with current templates and style sheets. Collaborates with Institute staff and members on information and service needs.
Implements design and page content to ensure achievement of creative objectives and consistency in style and tone. Makes recommendations for graphics, color schemes, and content display layout that are consistent with design. Develops
project plans and schedules for site changes. Monitors usage and generates and analyzes site analytics. Troubleshoots problems, proposes and implements solutions. Administrates site registration and security as well as access and permissions for all protected materials. Ensures site documentation is developed, organized, and current. Handles all web master correspondence. 50%
● Supervises all work performed by student employees and interns on website and related platforms and technologies. Conducts all technology training for Institute staff, student employees, interns, associate faculty and other partners. Creates and conducts workshops on JOOMLA!, WordPress, basic web design and styling, video editing and compressing for the web, database construction, archiving technologies, and new models for web-based research. Prepares written materials
and instructional guides; ensures training is consistent with established standards and technologies. 20%
● Researches and develops new site components, pages, and functions in accordance to the Institute’s evolving teaching, communications and archival needs. Maintains
current knowledge of emerging technologies. Researches and recommends use of advanced web technologies to promote creative objectives. 15%
● Develops and implements a consistent design and visual concept across web and
print publications, promotional materials and event publicity. 10%
● Manages all communications and projects with NYU Information and Technology Services (ITS). Works with ITS Humanities Computing and e-Services departments
to develop and implement server maintenance as well as site recovery and backup plans. Ensures compliance with University standards and best practices. 5%
● Advanced knowledge of JOOMLA!, WordPress and/or other CMSs required, as well as working knowledge of Photoshop, Flash software, InDesign Macromedia products, Final Cut Pro and other video compression and editing programs, as well as basic PHP/MySql.
● A minimum of 3 years’ experience in web maintenance and development, database management, and organizing and presenting rich digital content to diverse audiences.
● A minimum of 3 years’ experience in graphic design (portfolio will be requested).
● Bachelor’s Degree in Web and/or Graphic Design or related field.
● Strong communication, research, problem solving and time management skills
● Master’s degree in Web and/or Graphic Design or related field preferred.
● Proficiency in Spanish and/or Portuguese and experience in an academic or arts environment preferred
Competitive full-time salary and benefits available.
Go to the NYU system http://www.nyucareers.com/applicants/jsp/shared/position/JobDetails_css.jsp?postingId=206401 to apply directly,
Position Title: Manager, Web Design and Development
Posting Number: 20096132
Department: 08026 - HEMISPHERIC INSTITUTE*
(*note: the NYU posting lists us as HEMISPHERIC COUNCIL)