BYOB Stony Brook
You are invited to join us for the first Bring Your Own Beamer (BYOB) at Stony Brook University. Taking part is easy: just bring your beamer (digital projector) and something to be screened!
BYOB is a series of one-night exhibitions where artists are invited to bring their own beamers and explore the medium of projection by creating a collaborative happening of moving light, sound and performance. On March 4th from 22:00 onwards we will fill Union Ballroom and University Cafe at Stony Brook University with artists, each of them armed with their own beamer.
The simple terms and guidelines:
• RSVP to email@example.com in order to secure a spot.
• Open to anyone, including those outside the university.
• Bring your own beamer/projector, video playback device and extension cord.
• We can provide power sockets and some extension cables.
• Find your own spot on the day.
• Use any surface to beam on, including ceilings and floors.
• Places allocated on a first come, first served basis.
• Participants are welcome to set up at University Ballroom and Cafe from 5pm.
• Participants are responsible for the safety of their own equipment.
• All ages welcome in the University Ballroom, but ages 21+ allowed in the University Cafe
We will have a limited amount of beamers that can be booked on the night. Please get in contact if you need one. These will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
BYOB is an idea by Rafaël Rozendaal. BYOB Stony Brook is curated by Antonio Roberts as part of fGlitch.