CALL OUT FOR ARTISTS WORKING IN NEW TECHNOLOGIES AND MOVING IMAGE
Pixel Palace are inviting applications from artists working in new technologies and moving image for this year’s Artists in Residence programme based at Tyneside Cinema (Newcastle upon Tyne, UK). This opportunity is open to artists based in the UK and internationally.
The Artists in Residence programme is now in its third year, offering artists the opportunity to develop new work within a peer supported environment that engages with the working cinema and its surroundings.
Pixel Palace Artists in Residence programme offers:
• The opportunity to work in a shared studio space
• The opportunity to develop new work in well -resourced studio with an editing suite and a chance to play with cinema projectors and auditoriums.
• The opportunity to critically engage with young people via regular and planned activities at the cinema
• The opportunity to share their practice and working methods through public facing events
The selected artists will have access to:
• A shared studio space for 2 months at the Tyneside Cinema, Newcastle
• A development fee of £2800 for lead artist and £2500 for UK based artists.
• Travel expenses for one advance return journey from place of origin to Newcastle and back
• 2 months accommodation in in Tyne and Wear
• Material and/or production costs of up to £300
• Access to the Tyneside cinemas resources including an editing suite as well as standard AV software.
The Artist in Residence 2013 programme begins on Monday 26th August and will end on Friday 25th October. Artists must be based at the cinema throughout the whole residency period.
Application forms must be submitted by Friday 26th April 2013 at 5pm GMT
For more information about the Pixel Palace Artists in Residence 2013 or to apply, please visit http://www.thepixelpalace.org/residencies