[text=center]Call For Proposals: Artist Multiples, Limited Editions[/text]
Who we are:
The Present Group is a triannual art subscription service. Every year TPG subscribers receive three limited edition works from three different contemporary artists. Each work is accompanied by information to help them gain insight into the piece, its creator, and recurring themes in the contemporary art world.
What we are looking for:
Projects that result in a limited edition, an artist multiple, or a part of or a document of a larger work. Our current edition numbers are under 100. We do not accept proposals for reproductions of paintings. Work must be reproducible in intent. The project will be made exclusively through The Present Group. We understand that similar themes and images may be used throughout your other work, however you agree not to create the exact project in the same form again.
Appreciation for Selected Artists:
* $500 honorarium + production costs
* 4 of the produced work for your own collection or to sell on your own.
* All the contextual information we create for your piece, including artist info, critiques, and video will remain free on-line as long as TPG exists
Your proposal should include:
* Contact Information: Name, Address, Phone Number, E-mail, Website (if applicable)
* Artist Resume, Statement, Work Samples
* Project Proposal:
1. What you want to do.
2. How this work will relate to/expand on current themes in your work
3. Anything (sketches, photos. . .) to help you explain your idea.
We have a rolling submissions policy; we review proposals four times a year. The deadline for the next review is January 17th, 2012.
Submit Via Email:
Include all of your contact information in the body of your email.
Your proposal may be included in the body of the email, attached, or linked. We much prefer links. If you must use attachments, limit it to three. We prefer .PDFs or .JPGs. We will not accept attached video.
Via Snail Mail:
The Present Group
33 Excelsior Ct.
Oakland, CA 94610
Send us anything you feel will help us understand your background and/or proposal. We will accept any form of media. If you’d like your sample material returned please include a SASE with proper postage.
Download submission guidelines here.