culturia | open call
for artists and researchers
deadline: 5th December 2011
residency period: 1st February– 30th April 2012
culturia is a residency program based in Berlin
brief introduction to culturia
culturia has been building its networks since 2005 and has progressively changed from a residency using temporary spaces in Berlin to develop into an experimental place where the practice of exploring artistic process became the concept.
idea and program
culturia is a twofold: an art residency and a non-material collection. Strategically declining in its approach to pure studio practice, culturia invites artists to present projects in close relation between process and presentation.
The main point of the program is to enhance the internal development of the artist during the short-term residency, which can be more valuable than a production of new objects.Following this vision culturia has opened, parallel to the realization of the artist’s proposal, a construction of a document that seeks for the understanding of an ideal point of view on art. Here, the approach and medium are chosen by the artist as long as the statement remains “visible” to others.
The non-material collection is used with agreement of artists to safeguard a record of their singular point of view. Gathered material will be used for retrospective exhibitions and other eligible events.
Artists and researchers. No restrictions on media.
- A room with a simple set up (bed and desk)
- Access to culturia partners (workshop services, show rooms, artists, curators and art platforms)
- Accommodation fee: 225 € per month + 100 € of deposit
- There is no studio space offered
- An engaged and responsible development of the proposal in the residency timeframe
deadline for application
Applications for residency period from 1st February – 30th April 2012 will be accepted until 5th December 2011 (closing time for applications – 6pm). Decisions to be announced on 8th December 2011.
In order to apply you must provide the following:
- A completed application form: Online Application Form (http://culturia.de/application-form/ )
- Personal data
- Project proposal (max. 1000 characters)
- Motivation statement (max. 500 characters)
- Documentation of previous works: website
- Additional PDF or digital data – max 10 MB
SEND applications to email@example.com
if you have any queries please contact
culturia / Soldiner str. 92, 13359 Berlin, Germany
Phone: +49 (30) 21464692