Recession Art is a NYC-based arts organization dedicated to connecting emerging artists with aspiring collectors. We produce two group shows a year, as well as numerous pop-up shows, pop-up shops, studio tours, and special events. Our upcoming show, American Idolatry will open on October 29th at The Invisible Dog in Cobble Hill, Brooklyn.
Recession Art is seeking an intern to assist the Executive Director with marketing efforts, general administrative duties, and special projects. Responsibilities will include:
- Distributing press releases to print and online media.
- Weekly blog posts about alumni artists.
- Regular updates of the Recession Art Facebook page and Twitter feed.
- Helping with installation and de-installation of shows.- Staffing the gallery during shows.
- Attending monthly staff meetings.
- Assisting with market research.
- Special projects depending on area of interest.
Applicants should expect to commit about five hours a week to the internship, and should be available to work longer hours during our fall show (October 26th – November 6th).
Applicants should have a background or interest in arts administration, curating, art and/or art history. Strong writing skills are essential. This is an excellent opportunity to learn how to run a start-up arts organization and have meaningful responsibilities as a member of our team.
The internship is unpaid, but applicants interested in continuing past January 1st may have the opportunity to receive a commission from sales. School credit is available.
To apply, please send your resume, two references, a brief paragraph about yourself, and a short writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with FALL 2011 INTERN in the subject line. For more information, email us at email@example.com.