[size= medium]KEYHOLDER RESIDENCY PROGRAM[/size]
The Keyholder Residency Program offers emerging
artists free 24-hour access to printmaking facilities to develop new work and foster their artistic careers. Residencies are one year long, starting on October 1, 2011, and take place in the Printshop’s shared Artists’ Studio. Facilities are available for intaglio, relief, monoprint, waterbased
silkscreen, digital processes, and other techniques that employ the tools at hand.
Keyholders work independently, in a productive atmosphere alongside other contemporary artists. Artists from all disciplines are eligible to apply; printmaking skills are not required, but some familiarity with the medium is recommended. Basic instruction in printmaking is provided for new Keyholders. Technical assistance is not included in the program, but is available at additional cost.
Participation is limited and competitive. Applications are evaluated by a committee of artists, curators, critics, and art professionals based on the quality of submitted artwork. Artists currently without a studio space are encouraged to apply.
Keyholder Residency includes:
• 24-hour studio access
• $500 stipend
• storage space
• basic supplies (newsprint, blotters, solvents, cleaners)
• one free class in printmaking and consultations with Master Printers
• 20% discount on all Printshop classes
• free career development workshops
• free digital documentation of selected works produced during the residency
• inclusion in the Printshop's permanent collection
• opportunities to show new work in exhibitions, open studios, and other public events presented by the Printshop
• Only legal US residents may apply (i.e., Social Security cardholders)
• Students enrolled in any kind of degree program at the time of the residency are not eligible
• Keyholder Residencies are limited to emerging artists only. The Printshop defines emerging artists as under-recognized and under-represented artists at early stages in their careers
DEADLINE: September 1, 2011
Drop off or postmark, no exceptions.
Send to: Lower East Side Printshop, Inc.
306 West 37th Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10018
Please go to http://printshop.org/web/Create/KeyholderResidences/index.html for more information, or email Christine Walia, Programs Director at Christine@printshop.org