Words are everywhere.
In each sphere of society, they reflect our thoughts, reflexions and ideas.
Spoken or written, they convey stories, information and messages.
The only exception to this hegemony of words is arts.
Painting, sculpture, music, photography, installation and video art are the only mediums that are trying to convey a message without the use of words.
"Without Words Film Festival" will celebrate once a year from December 2014, video art that uses words only to announce its title and author.
"Without Words Film Festival" is currently looking for a town that will house it in suitable conditions.
Each year, the members of the jury of "Without Words Film Festival" will award the three videos they prefer.
The theme of "Without Words Film Festival" 2014 is: "Digital superimpositions".
(Wikipedia: A superimposition is a trick used in films, television and photography, in which a second shooting is superimposed photographically over a first shooting.
Both shots are on the same fragment of negative film, and are seen one through the other, at different levels of brightness depending on the desired effect).
1) Deadline to send your videos : 30 september 2014
2) There is no entry fee
3) Each author can send a maximum of 2 videos
4) The videos sent must be related to the theme "Digital superimpositions" and must not have been produced before 2012
5) If selected, the author will be asked to send a HD quicktime file by wetransfer
6) The result of selections will be communicated to the artists in November 2014
7) Required information to be sent to
- Review link