The Journal of Short Film is seeking submissions for future issues.
About The Journal of Short Film:
• a quarterly DVD journal containing 60-90 minutes of independent short film per volume
• peer-reviewed by filmmakers and film scholars
• inclusive of all genres of film, video, animation, and new media work
• sold at a low cost—$10/vol., $36/subscription both domestically and internationally
• non-corporate and ad-free
• open and free submission process
Submissions for Volume 28 are due [Friday July 14th]
Submit films of less than 20 minutes to:
The Journal of Short Film
Film Studies Program
150 Hagerty Hall
1775 College Road
Columbus, OH 43210, USA
The Submission must contain your:
If you need your work returned, please include an addressed postage paid envelope.
All submissions are carefully considered. It may take up to 2 months after the deadline to respond. Please, do not submit films via email.
Acceptable submission formats:
DVDs are preferred, though VHS tapes will be accepted on a need basis.
DVDs must be Region 1, NTSC. Please, no PAL tapes or discs.
Rights and Clearances
The filmmaker maintains the rights to the film. The publishing right granted to the JSF is a non-exclusive, one-time serial right.
Films must have ALL clearances available in writing. Copies may be requested later.
Please circulate this announcement.
We look forward to your submissions.