'AA2 / Katharina has paid us a visit, but she didn't stay too long' is an exhibition organized by med-i-kids and CSDVA, Zagreb.
Main theme is Appropriation in Art, aka AA2.
Host space is Alternative Cultural Center Medika in Zagreb, where at any given moment of day and night there is certain number of visitors. The exhibition is envisaged as one big hybrid organism composed of many smaller site-specific installations and artworks. Specificity of the space as ex-factory of medicaments and its very rustic and ruined
condition dictates some of the guidelines in curating the exhibition. Medika is place ideal for street art, public art, graffities, murals, but not exclusively.
What we want to see are:
- projects that creatively engage with audience with the humorous artistic intention behind the artwork
- appropriation art, in the best use of its term - art which respects all four cornerstones of fair use term
- art works as reinterpretations or 'Hommage' to an artist who really influenced your work
- art works made of recycled items
Media: No media restrictions
Concept of the exhibition allows that artists whose work will be selected for the show can visit the AKC Medika by their own means. Others will be invited to collaborate online with med-i-kids art group and instruct them how to realize their works. In general, artists are
responsble for sending us their work. We can compensate postal costs till some extend, on basis first comes-first served. All participating artists will receive full-color catalogue of the show and DVD, which will be made during the production of the exhibition.
Submissions open: April 18, 2011
Project submission deadline: May 30, 2011
Notification of acceptance/rejection/how to fine tune your project: starting May 31, 2011
Installation and setup start: June 01, 2011
Installation completion: August 12, 2011
Opening: August 19, 2011
Exhibition stays open minimally till December 31, 2011
Curators: lucy_q, med-i-kids and maja kalogera, CSDVA
- work summary
- short bio (shorter the better)
- link where you uploaded your visuals/audio, whether it is on your website or on any online upload service, but do not attach it to your submission. instead, please upload your submission to any mega upload online service and send us a link only.
Send your submissions to medikids.