Ars Virtua Open Call for Proposals: look art - art in a nostalgic (text-based) online virtual environment:: 3 Commissions @ $400 each :: Deadline: January 31.
TinyMUX will be maintained through the end of 2012 (at a minimum). It is currently online for early explorations.
The commissions will be determined by January 31, 2011. The month of February will be set aside for tech and artistic explorations in the environment with an early March install. The exhibition is slated to open mid-March.
Proposals must include:
* name and email address
* a brief 100-200 word description of your proposed project you are welcome to submit a lengthier description, but please include a brief summary
* links to completed works that might contextualize the proposal
Briefly consider these questions:
* what is the nature of the project you are proposing?
* how will it work in a strictly text environment?
* will it rely on or use the social qualities of the environment?
* is there any additional technical overhead?
* what is going to be the greatest obstacle to realizing this?
We fully understand that much of the dev skill has long since passed on from this environment, as in the past we are prepared to mentor artists through the new space to help them realize their vision. We have already launched the environment and are happy to provide test accounts through January.
Send proposals and other inquiries to info [at] arsvirtua.com
look art is a 2011 commission of New Radio and Performing Arts, Inc. for its Turbulence website. It was made possible with funding from the National Endowment for the Arts. Additional support provided by The CADRE Laboratory for New Media.