A WORLD WHERE THE DEAD ROAM THE STREET
A SOCIETY STRUGGLING TO UNDERSTAND
ARTISTS READY TO FACE THE TRUTH
Australia is in a state of emergency. An inexplicable virus is turning people into what can only, unbelievably, be described as zombies - snarling, unpredictable and dangerous. Most alarmingly, the virus comes and goes leaving citizens with only the vaguest remembrance of their crimes…
Society is in chaos.
The government is struggling to normalise the situation; scientists are searching for a cure; vigilantes are urging extermination; and somewhat strangely, accounts of alien activity are contributing to the general panic.
In August the government hosts its first initiative promoting awareness between those affected with the H1N1 virus and the general population. This event, At the Drive-in - takes place at the Hazelhurst Galleries, Gymea, and later in the Living Desert outside Broken Hill, New South Wales.
The Government has called for submissions for this event:
1. Short films - 15-90 seconds in length, that document or observe aspects of life for young people trying to adjust to this terrifying new world
2. Works of art from those affected by the H1N1 virus - whether they be digital media, photographs, time-based or otherwise
3. Diary entries / journals / blogs from critical moments in the crisis - from the point of view of those affected
4. Educational initiatives aimed at promoting greater understanding and empathy, along with survival and well-being strategies for coping with the drastic changes in society.
5. Interviews or factual accounts of those who have come into contact or observed alien activity.
Successful submissions will be screened / curated at The Hazelhurst Gallery and in the Living Desert in conjunction with the At the Drive-in health and safety initiative. Entries will also be curated on the popular and effective website promoting health and well-being for the new society.
Further information will be made available at:
All submissions must be made to firstname.lastname@example.org as either:
Link to hosted URL
Direct download link
Submissions should be made no later than 18th August.