EXTENDED CALL FOR CHAPTERS PROPOSALS [JULY 31th]
BOOK "META-PLASTICITY IN VIRTUAL WORLDS:AESTHETICS AND SEMANTICS CONCEPTS"
To be published by IGI Global: http://www.igi-global.com/requests/details.asp?ID=630
Inquiries and submissions can be forwarded electronically (Word document) to:
Dr. Gianluca Mura (Editor) E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
July 31,2009: Proposal Submission Deadline
July 31,2009: Notification of Acceptance
September 30,2009: Full Chapter Submission
Artists,Designers,Theorists,Researchers and Practicioners are invited to submit on or before July 31, 2009, a 2-3 page chapter proposal clearly explaining the mission and concerns of his or her proposed chapter.
Authors of accepted proposals will be notified by July 31, 2009 about the status of their proposals and sent chapter guidelines. Full chapters are expected to be submitted by September 30, 2009.
All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a double-blind review basis. Contributors may also be requested to serve as reviewers for this project.
The concept of virtual worlds is strongly related to the current innovations of new media communication. This book offers an interdisciplinary approach to virtual world studies focused on aesthetics and semantics principles from science,technology,media arts and design. It is important for researchers and practitioners
interested in this area to understand the actual criteria for creating virtual worlds' as well as their further evolution, regarding system architecture,information visualization and human interaction.
Objective of the Book
This book gives in-depth coverage of the state-of-the-art among the best international research experiences of virtual world concept creations from a wide range of media culture fields, at the edge of artistic and scientific inquiry and emerging technologies. It will be written for professionals, researchers, artists and designers who want to improve their understanding of the strategic role of virtual worlds within the development of digital communication.
Recommended topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Virtual world projects, concepts, methodologies in
design,arts&humanities,science and technology
- Virtual reality,augmented and mixed reality studies and applications
- Human computer interaction and user interfaces studies and applications
- Human issues in virtual worlds
- Social communities in virtual worlds
- User generated 3D content
- Innovative 3D graphics,Web,Web3D,multimedia studies and applications
- Advanced interfaces and Interactive 3D immersive systems
- Real-time interactive networked media in Mobile mixed reality
- Wearable interfaces and tangible interfaces for 3D media
- Online videogames and edutainment projects
- Virtual worlds in education and training
- Virtual heritage projects
- Animated humanoid (avatars),virtual life,body and mind
- 3D modelling,animation,simulation studies and applications
- Information visualization within arts and scientific visualization
- Virtual worlds in industrial systems design
- Artwork,performances,installations media arts concepts and projects
- Imaginary and creative virtual worlds
- Digital Communication Systems: Platforms,technologies and standards
- Space,Time and Place: Mixed realities in Virtual Worlds
- Body and Mind Extensions. Senses,Cognition and Emotions in Virtual Worlds
- Virtual Worlds of Information Cyberworlds
- Architecture and Landscape in Virtual Worlds
- Cultural Heritage in Virtual Worlds
- Games and Edutainment Virtual Worlds
- Virtual Worlds for Enterprises
- Social Communities in Virtual Worlds
- Semantic Virtual Worlds