CRITICALLY-ACCLAIMED, international, site-specific public art project is looking for interns to work in a variety of areas on its 4th annual event to take place in NYC, spring 2009. You will be working with professionals in the NY art community, in marketing, PR, real estate, fund-raising, development, etc. Internship positions vary in time commitment and skill sets.
GREAT opportunity to network, develop your skills and get real-world work experience, to have fun and meet like-minded people, and to be part of an exciting, dynamic and one-of-a-kind art event
ABOUT US - HOMEBASE is a unique annual site-responsive, public art project devoted to the exploration of home. 12-18 artists from different mediums and cultural backgrounds are invited to inhabit a raw urban space and create site-specific installations relating to the notion of Home. The project is then open to the public for a month, becoming home to an exciting community and inter-cultural experience through art talks, lectures, workshops, performances, parties and more. The project was selected by art critic, Jerry Saltz as New York Magazine Critic's Pick, was the feature art piece on NY1, among many other notable media features. HOMEBASE has welcomed thousands of visitors throughout the years.
RESPONSIBILITIES (depending on area of interest/skill):
- Assisting with marketing & advertising efforts (graphic design skills a plus)
- Distributing marketing materials
- Aiding with email blasts, e-newsletter, and blog entries (incl. proofreading and editing!)
- Assisting with fundraising efforts & events
- Assisting with event coordination and scheduling
- Assisting within the space - e.g. site maintenance, set-up/breakdown, etc.
* Additional opportunities & responsibilities may come up along the way *
- Commitment to the mission & goals of the project
- Experience with computers, databasing, design - Microsoft Word & Excel knowledge preferred
- Strong analytic skills & ability to think outside the box
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Organized and able to work on multiple tasks at a time
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Team player, flexible & open-minded
PLEASE SEND EMAIL TO: email@example.com with a brief explanation of why you are interested in this internship, and what you think you can bring to this project, in terms of skills and experience. Include your name, contact information, and availability. Please write INTERN: YOUR NAME in the subject line.
We are looking for interns for January through June 2009. Ideal candidates will be able to participate throughout the entire project. For more information, go to our website: www.homebaseproject.com or check us out on NY1: http://www.ny1.com/Default.aspx?ArID=81235.
The first intern meeting will take place on January 9th, 2009, time and location TBD.
Please contact us immediately if you are interested. Positions are limited.
~ We look forward to working with you ~