We are well into our annual Fundraising Campaign. Once again, we need your support. Several artists have donated prints, posters, books, musical scores, DVDs and more. Visit http://turbulence.org/fundraiser\_08.
2008 was our most active year yet. We launched [b]30 COMMISSIONED[/b] works on Turbulence.org and Networked\_Music\_Review; co-presented two exhibitions - [b]MIXED REALITIES[/b] (with Ars Virtua and Huret & Spector Gallery) and [b]LUMENS[/b] (with Greylock Arts and MCLA Gallery 51); co-presented two symposia - [b]FLOATING POINTS 5: MIXED REALITIES[/b] (with Emerson College) and [b]PROGRAMMABLE MEDIA II: NETWORKED\_MUSIC[/b] (with Pace Digital Gallery); co-presented [b]UPGRADE! BOSTON[/b] (with Massachusetts College of Art and Design); and participated in [b]Upgrade! International: CHAIN REACTION[/b] (Skopje Macedonia).
[u]What You Can Expect In 2009[/u]
1. [b]NETWORKED: A (NETWORKED\_BOOK) ABOUT (NETWORKED\_ART)[/b]: we are breaking ground once again with this innovative project that received a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts. Currently underway is an international competition in which five writers will be commissioned ($3,000 US each) to develop “chapters” that will be open for revision, commentary, and translation by online collaborators. http://turbulence.org/networked
2. [b]FLOATING POINTS 6: GAME OF CULTURE | ART OF GAMES[/b]: the sixth in our annual speaker series with Emerson College, this will be a day-long symposium with world-renowned speakers. We will also be screening Marcin Ramocki and Justin Strawhand's 8 BIT documentary (March 20-21).
3. [b]PACE DIGITAL GALLERY[/b] (New York): three new works by New York artists commissioned especially for this exhibition (spring).
4. [b]UPGRADE! BOSTON[/b]: now in its 5th year, our monthly speaker series continues at Massachusetts College of Art and Design.
5. [b]TURBULENCE.ORG[/b]: new commissions, new works launched.
6. [b]NETWORKED\_PERFORMANCE[/b] and NETWORKED\_MUSIC\_REVIEW[/b]: we will continue to bring you news, interviews, projects, events, and publications of interest.
If you value these resources and wish to have access to them in the future PLEASE MAKE A DONATION NOW! (tax deductible for US residents). No amount is too small! Pay via the PayPal button on the Turbulence homepage: http://turbulence.org. Or send a check to New Radio and Performing Arts, Inc., 124 Bourne Street, Roslindale, MA 02131.
Thanks for your generous support.
Jo-Anne Green and Helen Thorington
New Radio and Performing Arts, Inc.