Call for Papers
International Conference on Cyberworlds (CW 2008)
September 22-24, 2008
The conference Proceedings will be published by the IEEE Computer Society Press.
Selected papers of high-quality will be published on "The Visual Computer",
"Transactions on Edutainment", "The International Journal of Virtual Reality".
Cyberworlds are information worlds being formed on Internet either intentionally or spontaneously,
with or without design. As information worlds, they are either virtual or real, and can be both.
In terms of information modeling, the theoretical ground for the Cyberworlds is far above the level
of integrating spatial database models and temporal database models.
This conference will deal with large distributed information worlds on Internet and
methods/tools used for creating such worlds.
This year, Cyberworlds 2008 (CW2008) will be held in Hangzhou, China.
Hangzhou has long been a famous tourist attraction.
The widely expressed Chinese proverb,"in heaven there is paradise and on earth there are Hangzhou and Suzhou" combined with the words of Marco Polo who described this place as, "the most beautiful and magnificent city in the world" have helped to make Hangzhou one of the biggest tourist attractions in the entire country.
- Philosophy, evolution, and ethics of Cyberworlds
- Cyberworlds and their impact on the real worlds
- Telemedicine, healthcare in Cyberworlds
- Mobile computing, mobile graphics, mobile game
- E-learning, web-based learning and edutainment
- Intelligent agents in Cyberworlds
- Digital watermarking, Internet security, information hiding
- Distributed virtual environments
- Cyber fairs and digital museums
- Game engine, game algorithm, and multi-user web games
- VR/AR/MR for Industrial design, digital heritage
- Shared virtual worlds, Collaborative work using Cyberworlds
- Human animation in Cyberworlds
- Virtual reality, augmented reality, and mixed Reality
- Computer vision for Cyberworlds
- Cyberethics and cyberlaws
- Communication in Cyberworlds
- Data mining and warehousing in Cyberworlds
- Bioinformatics for cyberlife and medicine
- E-business in Cyberworlds
- Cyberworlds for manufacturing, civil planning, and bioengineering
- Multimedia information retrieval/indexing in Cyberworlds
- Biometrics in Cyberworlds
Submission: 15 May, 2008
Notification: 15 June, 2008
Conference: 22-24 September, 2008
CW 2008 will provide an opportunity for scientists and engineers from around the world to share the latest research, ideas, and developments in these fields. The conference will consist of full paper sessions and hands-on demonstrations where research groups, artists, and vendors will show the state-of-the-art in the field.
Web Site: http://www.china-vr.com/cw08
Contact: Professor Zhigeng PAN (State Key Lab of CAD&CG, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China)
Conference Honorary Chair:
Tosiyasu Laurence Kunii, Kanazawa Institute of Technology, Japan
General Conference Chair:
Zhigeng Pan, Zhejiang University, China
General Conference Co-Chairs:
Xiaoyi Jiang, University of Münster, Germany
Daniel Thalmann, EPFL, Switzerland (Special Issues)
Conference Steering Committee:
Tosiyasu Laurence Kuni, Kanazawa Institute of Technology, Japan
Hock Soon Seah, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Alexei Sourin, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Program Committee Chairs:
Xuelong Li, University of London, UK
Enhua WU, University of Macau & Academia Sinica, China
Yong Liu, Zhejiang University, China
Dacheng Tao, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, China
Wei Zhang, Tsinghua University, China