ACM Multimedia Interactive Arts Program
This fourth version of the Interactive Art Program will consist of an Art Exhibition and a Conference Track. We invite artists working with digital media and researchers in technical areas to submit their original contributions to the following tracks:
• Multimedia Art Exhibition: "I / You / Other" For this exhibition we seek artworks that use multimedia to explore issues of interactivity, self-exploration, self-representation, identity, the self in a group or the group as a self. We particularly seek interactive multimedia works that by combining multiple media, technologies, and novel technical ideas, realize strong artistic concepts that give a new perspective on the representation and presentation of the self and its interaction with others.
Deadline for submission to the Art Exhibition: May 8, 2007
• Conference Track: we solicit papers describing interactive multimedia art works, tools, applications, and technical approaches for creative uses of multimedia content and technology as well as technical approaches for the management of art-related media collections. Emphasis will be given to novel works that use a rich variety of media and those that are interactive, particularly works that exploit non-conventional human-computer interfaces or sensors in new and emerging areas. We strongly encourage papers with a strong technical content written by artists.
Papers may be long (10 pages) or short (2 to 4 pages). Long papers are presented in front of an audience and short papers are presented in poster format.
* Deadline for full papers to the Conference Track May 8, 2007
* Deadline for short papers to the Conference Track June 1, 2007
Accepted papers and art works will be published in the ACM Multimedia conference proceedings.
* May 8, 2007 Long papers and art exhibitions submission deadline.
* June 1, 2007 Short papers submission deadline.
* June 20, 2007 Authors notification.
* July 20, 2007 Camera-ready papers due.
Please direct any inquiries to the organisers of the interactive arts exhibition