Games as Tools for Architects, Urban Planners, Artists, Musicians, ...
When the evangelists and the inventors of the notion of "Serious Games"
added "battlefield simulation" to health, heritage and art issues, we
thought it would be a good moment to replace the term
"serious" with "creative".
There is a Masters programme at Salford University in Manchester, which
offers an "MSc in Creative Games".
The philosophy of this programme in Creative Games is expressed through the following features:
* To integrate the fields of research of Creative Technology, Heritage
Studies, Digital Art, Interactive Media and to create a new discipline based on the application area of serious content driven games and the
possibilities of game engines for the Cultural and Creative Industries.
* To equip graduates with both the theoretical expertise and the practical skills to enter, and make an effective contribution to the growing area of Creative Games.
* Gaining specific skills in a number of areas including creative thinking, research methods, computer systems, visualization, multi-media, interactivity, and telematics.
* Developing the ability to think dynamically and creatively.
* Gaining the expertise to focus on a specific avenue of interest, carry out enquiries and experiment, and produce pioneering projects or realize
innovative working prototypes and solutions.
For more information write to