V2_ job opportunity: Database & Systems Engineer
Per the 1st of July 2004, Stichting V2_, Institute for the Unstable Media (Rotterdam) seeks a Database & Systems Engineer (F/M) to strengthen its team for 5 days / 38 hours a week.
V2_ was founded in 1981 and is currently situated in the center of Rotterdam. It has its own exhibition space, a media lab, a store and office spaces. V2_ is an interdisciplinary center for art and media technology with specific attention to research. Among V2_'s activities are exhibitions, workshops, symposiums, R&D, artist-in-residence programs, co-productions and the bi-annual Dutch Electronic Art Festival.
V2_ undertakes research in the interdisciplinary field of art, technology, media and society and for that purpose it actively collaborates with a wide range of institutions and partners in the art field as well as the educational and commercial field. For the past 22 years a growing number of national and international visitors, real and virtual, have been introduced by V2_ to a wide range of prominent artists, theorists and projects. V2_ currently employs 24 people on a permanent basis.
About the position of Database & Systems Engineer
- Working closely with the network administrator, you will provide operational helpdesk-support within V2_. Besides you will assist the network administrator in bugfixing and the deployment and maintenance of running servers. V2_ uses the following OS: Linux-servers (Debian), Mac and Windows.
- You will be responsible for the deployment and support of databases for internal use as well as for projects executed by the V2_Lab, the aRt&D-department of V2_. Knowledge of different data models is therefore indispensable.
- For projects executed by the V2_Lab you will be responsible for the implementation, modification and support of Java projects and dynamic CMS (mainly generated from XML config files).
- As V2_ places a strong emphasis on Open Source developments working knowledge of languages such as PHP and Java is desirable. Within the V2_Lab other languages like C and Python are also used.
- Ability to set-up and maintain Java Development and Open Development project applications such as Ant, Wiki and GForge.
- Experience with LDAP is highly preferable.
The candidate should be:
- Minimum technical HBO-level / (BE,BTech,ME,MTech, BSc,MSc,BCA,MCA)
- Work well independently as well as part of a (project) team
- Have excellent communication skills, written and verbally
- Good working knowledge of both Dutch and English
- Affinity with the cultural sector
We offer a full-time position (5 days a week / 38 hours), from the 1st of July 2004. Salary at full-time availability minimum 1681 euros / maximum 1821 euros per month (may vary depending on qualification and experience).
Send your C.V. and covering letter with your motivation to: V2_, Siuli Ko-Pullan (projectmanager V2_Online), Eendrachtsstraat 10, 3012 XL Rotterdam, fax +31 (10) 206 72 71, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline reactions: 31 May 2004. Your reaction will be taken up immediately on receipt.
For further information on V2_, visit the website http://www.v2.nl, or contact Eliane Roest, + 31 (10) 206 72 72 or email@example.com.