Director Research & Development
The Center for Interdisciplinary Research in Media, Arts and Engineering (CIRMAE) at Arizona State University announces an opening for Director of Research and Development.
CIRMAE was co-created by the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences (CEAS) (http://www.eas.asu.edu/CEAS/) and the Herberger College of Fine Arts (HCFA) (http://herbergercollege.asu.edu). It is housed at the internationally known Institute for Studies in the Arts (http://isa.asu.edu). The goal of CIRMAE is to facilitate the parallel, integrated development of media hardware, software, content and theory.
Duties for this position are as follows;
* Responsible for development and coordination of CIRMAE collaborative research projects of major scope and related grants.
* Identifies emerging areas of research in industry and government.
* Collaborate with CIRMAE faculty and staff in research and grant development.
* Head development of CIRMAE industry consortium.
* Assists in collaboration with the HCFA & CIRMAE communication teams in the dissemination, outreach, and public relations of CIRMAE research projects through lab demonstrations, the web site, performances and participation in conferences.
* Coordinates grants to public and private agencies and other activities to interact or partner with industry.
* Attracts distinguished collaborators from academia and industry in the areas of Media, Arts & Engineering to work with CIRMAE faculty, staff and other involved departments.
* Represents CIRMAE to interested faculty, artists and other guests.
Ph.D. in Engineering; experience in obtaining research/grant funding and/or partnering with industry appropriate to rank; and experience in research development in media, arts and engineering appropriate to rank.
Evidence of successful collaboration and fundraising with industry. Evidence of interdisciplinary research as principal investigator in media, arts and engineering.
Please send letter of interest, CV, evidence of research and development activities appropriate to job description, and names/contact information for three references to:
Sheilah Britton, Chair
Director, Research & Development, Ref. Job # 7383
PO Box 8733302
Tempe AZ 85287-3302
Applications deadline is April 1, 2003; if not filled, 1st of the month thereafter until search is closed. The anticipated start date is August 15th 2003. ASU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.