The Curtis R. Priem Experimental Media and Performing Arts Center (EMPAC) at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, NY seeks a Sr. Systems Programmer (Drupal) to assume primary responsibility and technical leadership for EMPAC's back-end web services and technologies. This position researches, designs, and implements both external and internal web services, including empac.rpi.edu.
Reporting to the Manager, Design Communications, the Systems Programmer will maintain complex web-based software systems using appropriate technologies. Additionally, the incumbent will perform unit tests and troubleshoot systems, making sure front-end systems perform as specified using multiple platforms, browsers, and breaking points under various loads. The Programmer will adhere to user-centered design principles including user experience design, information architecture, user interface design, and accessibility.
Minimum qualifications include:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Human Computer Interaction, or closely related field
• Five (5) years experience in web development or related field
• Working knowledge building/managing systems/web sites in current CMSs such as Drupal, WordPress, and Joomla.
The successful candidate will have:
• Expert knowledge in at least one server-side programming language such as Java, PHP, and XML.
• Demonstrated understanding of, and experience with, web and Internet protocols, standards, and practices.
• Experience with web services, and structured data such as XML, and data-driven web applications, data modeling, and interchange is highly desired.
The incumbent will have:
• Experience building and integrating complex information environments and web-based systems.
• Demonstrated experience of database development and administration such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc. is preferred.
EMPAC/Rensselaer's current infrastructure:
• Drupal 7 with custom modules developed using features and Drush
• jQuery library
• Responsive across three break points
• LESS with mixins
• Varnish and memcached
• Developed exclusively in a exclusively Mac/Linux (RHEL, CentOS) environment
110 8th Street
Troy, New York 12180
United States of America