CultureHub, a not-for-profit Art & Technology center founded in collaboration by La MaMa Experimental Theatre Club and The Seoul Institute of the Arts, seeks an energetic, versatile professional to coordinate our Media programs and manage our digital assets and archive.
This position is responsible for the smooth production and implementation of CultureHub’s arts+tech programs, our annual festival, research and development residencies, and education programs. Responsibilities include:
• Maintaining organizational and production calendars
• Coordinate with artists, staff, and technicians from pre to post production
• Track and record attendance and online traffic of programs
• Operate front of house for events (some evening/weekend hours required)
• Create and post calls for artistic submissions, organize presentation to curatorial team
• Stay informed of developments in the arts & tech field, seek out new and relevant national and international audiences for CultureHub. Working with staff and marketing, this position may write blog entries, social media updates, etc.
An important duty of this position is to manage CultureHub’s extensive media archive, including managing the archiving of the mainstage season for the La MaMa archive. As such, requirements for this job include:
• Knowledge of media storage and organization practices
• Some post-production video skills, preferably Adobe premiere, a plus
• Strong Mac based computer skills
• Meticulous organization, attention to detail, and ability to track deadlines
CultureHub is a small (4 person), dedicated staff with diverse backgrounds in performance, music, new media, and international collaboration. We seek someone who wants to be a team member, who is passionate about work at the intersection of arts+technology, and who wants to work in a hands-on, multitasking environment.
To apply please email email@example.com. Please include cover letter in the body of the email, resume attached as PDF, and 2-3 references. Please put “Media Programs Coordinator: YOUR NAME” as the subject line.
Founded in 2009 by La MaMa and the Seoul Institute of the Arts, CultureHub is an incubator for creativity focused on the intersection of art and technology. Since 2009, CultureHub has held over 200 events and classes involving more than 100 artists from 20 different countries. Our arts education programs, VirtuaLab, Artworkshop, and CoLab serve hundreds of teens, young adults and university level students annually, introducing them to techniques at the vanguard of arts & technology. The organization has a fully equipped telepresence studio to execute distance collaboration and programs. For more information please visit www.culturehub.org
47 Great Jones Street
New York, New York 10012
United States of America