Digital Arts and New Media (DANM) Technical Coordinator
Client Relationship Management
JOB # 1304122
FULL TIME; CAREER
Starting Salary Range: $57,500-$80,500/annually. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
UCSC strives to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened & productive environment.
Digital Arts and New Media is a nationally-recognized, dynamic, interdisciplinary M.F.A. program in the Arts Division at UC Santa Cruz. Faculty are drawn from across campus, including the departments of Art, Film and Digital Media, History of Art and Visual Culture, Music, and Theater Arts, as well as the engineering, humanities, physical sciences, and social sciences divisions.
The Technical Coordinator works closely with faculty and students on digital arts research projects and classes, helping students technically conceptualize and refine their work, and providing resources to execute projects. The Technical Coordinator oversees lab spaces with complex equipment, coordinates an annual technical orientation, and acts as safety coordinator. The position requires creativity and broad understanding of the arts.
Experienced professional who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field; independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; possesses broad job knowledge; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions.
Uses professional concepts; applies department policies and procedures to resolve a variety of complex problems. Analyzes complex issues where evaluation of data requires a review of a variety of factors. Is able to exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Has both internal and external contacts. Normally receives general instructions, with detailed instructions provided on complex new project assignments and initiatives. This level is considered fully qualified.
• AA degree in electronics, BS degree in computer science, or equivalent work experience.
• Experience with and understanding of a wide range of art practices in the visual and performing arts, including but not limited to, video, augmented reality; robotics; music composition; musical and theatrical performance; network and installation art production; and sound, lighting and set design concepts.
• Experience with computer, electronic, and electro-mechanical hardware used in digital arts production, including but not limited to, desktop and laptop computers, tablets, smartphones, projectors, A/V equipment, sensors, motors, laser cutters, CNC milling machine, Vacu-Form machine.
• Extensive experience with software applications used in the digital arts, including knowledge of tablet and smartphone application development.
• Familiarity with game development environments, e.g., Unity, Unreal, GameMaker, sufficient to support student users.
Position is open until filled; Initial Review Date: 03-20-2013
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application: http://apptrkr.com/324394
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit they must be submitted electronically via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site (http://jobs.ucsc.edu ) on or before the initial review date. Computers are available at the UCSC Staff Human Resources office located at 1201 Shaffer Road, Santa Cruz. For further information or to request disability accommodation call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service 800-735-2922. The University of California, Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
1156 High Street
Santa Cruz, California 95064
United States of America