Adjunct Faculty – Printmaking Board of Study
The School of Art+Design at Purchase College, SUNY seeks candidates for adjunct faculty appointments (multiple positions) to support the Printmaking Board of Study beginning in the 2013-14 academic year. We seek artists who can teach introductory through advanced level classes in media such as relief, intaglio, screen-printing, and lithography. Salary is calculated based per course unit taught, and is commensurate with teaching experience.
Applicants to these positions must be accomplished artists with an advanced degree (MFA) or the professional equivalent with a proven activity record that demonstrates expertise and in-depth involvement with printmaking. Higher education teaching experience in a professional art school setting is preferred.
Our ideal candidates will be comfortable working and thinking across disciplines, having interests and experience that extend beyond his or her specialty, and encompass broader approaches to art practice and human knowledge. Successful candidates will demonstrate their commitment to student learning, success, and liberal education.
Founded on the principle that artists and scholars are indispensable to each other and to an enlightened society, Purchase College combines professional conservatory programs in the visual and performing arts and distinguished programs in the liberal arts and sciences. Located 25 miles north of Manhattan in Westchester County, the campus celebrates individuality, diversity, and creativity as we encourage students to “Think Wide Open”. At Purchase College, the arts play a special role – liberal education infuses the arts and the arts infuse the campus. Purchase College is part of the State University of New York system.
A terminal degree (MFA) in a studio discipline or commensurate experience is required. Evidence of excellence in teaching at the college level, or of potential as an effective teacher is preferred. Minority candidates are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to apply.
Applicants to the position should provide a dossier of materials that will be kept on-file to be used to fill positions on an as-needed basis. Materials will be retained by the College for future use. Only candidates being considered for an immediate appointment will be contacted for an interview. Dossiers should include:
1) Cover letter (maximum one-page) expressing interest in the position and summarizing qualifications.
2) CV, including exhibitions, reviews, published articles, panels/papers, courses taught, etc. Please do not submit original materials as NOTHING WILL BE RETURNED.
3) Names, addresses, and e-mail addresses (and phone numbers, if possible) of three references.
4) Two statements: the first is a statement about your creative work in painting and drawing; the second is a statement primarily about teaching undergraduate and secondarily, graduate, students. BOTH statements must be submitted as one document (“other document 2”).
5) A creative portfolio – with at least 20 examples of personal work, and examples of student work if available. Each piece should be labeled with title, date, size, student year, and other pertinent information. Websites and electronic links are preferred, but images and video can be uploaded to https://jobspurchase.slideroom.com
Mail materials to:
Adjunct Faculty Search – Printmaking
School of Art+Design
Purchase College, SUNY
735 Anderson Hill Road
Purchase, NY 10577
Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Purchase College, SUNY is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
735 Anderson Hill Rd.
Purchase, New York 10577