Dirty Looks is a queer experimental film and video screening series. In just over a year and a half, Dirty Looks has grown to launching tours and a month-long festival, in addition to our monthly screenings and publications. Featured in publications like the New York Times, Out Magazine, the Huffington Post, indieWIRE and Art Fag City, Dirty Looks traces historical queer aesthetics and legacies into contemporary film and video production, catering to 75–200 viewers per monthly screening.
Dirty Looks is now set to gain 501(c)(3) status as a nonprofit and is seeking an intern to assist with grant writing and proposal development. This internship is unpaid, but college credit may be granted. This is an excellent opportunity for those seeking experience in nonprofit and/or arts administration.
The Grant-Writing and Development Intern will assist with the research, writing and submission of grants, overseeing the grant writing process from beginning to end. The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent writing, communication, and research skills as well as previous experience developing and/or reviewing grant proposals. The role will also involve development within our annual fundraising campaign and in the organization of lively fundraising events. Keen interest in queer culture, politics and art practice is a plus and knowledge of experimental film and video would be hugely beneficial in understanding, in order to further Dirty Looks organizational initiatives.
- Research grant and funding prospects
- Assist in writing and editing grant proposals
- Manage grant proposals, conduct any necessary follow-up
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Available for 6 months starting early September
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Experience conducting Internet research
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Word and Excel
- Strong organizational skills
- Prior experience in research and grant writing prefered
Time commitment is 12 hours per week, but days of the week are flexible.
Please email your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
For more information about Dirty Looks visit www.dirtylooksnyc.org.