Brooklyn based artist, Bradley Pitts, is seeking a part-time, paid, studio assistant to help with research, development, production, and administration. Candidates must demonstrate experience with a wide range of media and techniques.
Ideal candidates are proficient in at least several, if not all, of these areas:
- Graphic Design (Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Photography (Shooting with DSLR’s, Adobe Bridge/Lightroom, Adobe Photoshop, inkjet printing, etc.)
- Video (Shooting with video/DSLR cameras, Final Cut Pro, After Effects, etc.)
- Fabrication (wood, metal, paper, etc.)
- Programming (for web, for microcontrollers, C++, Processing, etc.)
- Circuit Design (Arduino/microcontrollers, etc.)
Time Commitment: 3 days (~27 hrs) per week with potential to grow (exact days of the week negotiable)
To apply, please send a cover letter (email) with resume and portfolio (PDF or web) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bradley Pitts is a conceptual artist who works with various media, techniques, and technologies to explore the slippage between personal experience and objective measures. His work disturbs the logic that binds the terms “functional”, “valuable”, and “real”, by inhabiting regions where these terms are not all equated.
Pitts grew up in New York City and then moved to Boston in order to attend the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). There he obtained two degrees in aerospace engineering while concurrently studying architecture and visual arts. In 2006 he moved to Amsterdam where he completed the two-year art residency at the Rijksakademie van beeldende kunsten and was subsequently invited to stay a third year as the Resident Researcher in Art/Science. Recently he has worked with the Dutch Royal Academy of Arts and Sciences (NL), the Gagarin Cosmonaut Training Center (RU), the Pic du Midi Observatory (FR), and the European Space Agency (ESA). He has shown internationally at the Annet Gelink Gallery (NL), Armory Show (US), Frieze Fair (UK), Liste (CH), Art Basel (CH), Maison Européenne de la Photographie (FR), the Netherlands Institute for Media Art (NL), and Kunsthalle Bern (CH). He currently lives and works in Brooklyn, New York.
Current projects include:
- Singular Oscillations (http://bradleypitts.net/projects/singularoscillations/)
- Nested Voids: La Grotte du Mas d’Azil (http://bradleypitts.net/projects/nestedvoids--lemasdazil/)
- Yearlight Calendar (http://www.yearlightcalendar.com)
250 Greenpoint Ave.
Brooklyn, New York 11222
United States of America