Under direction of the chairperson and with latitude for independent judgment, manages the operations of 4 digital photography labs, including the 2 digital photography classrooms and 2 advanced digital printing studios which include the following equipment: Imacon virtual drum scanners, Epson flatbed scanners, Nikon scanners, small and large format Epson inkjet printers, networked computer stations, digital projectors, digital backs for medium and large format cameras, and more.
* Strategize for future growth in terms of the digital equipment and facilities by keeping abreast of industry trends and making recommendations as needed.
* Manage the budget and equipment purchases as it pertains to digital equipment and facilities for digital labs. Participate in departmental planning with regard to facilities purchases, licensing contracts, technical program support, etc.
* Ensuring the implementation of departmental policies and procedures in regards to digital facilities and equipment.
* Develop student and faculty workshops on Digital Practices.
* Oversee and train lab staff, and student workers in Digital Labs and on digital equipment.
* Implement digital lab computer network.
* Maintain color management in digital labs.
* Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Photography, Technology or related field; master’s degree preferred.
Experience: 3 years relevant experience, preferably in an academic environment, including teaching or training experience; knowledge and expertise with the relevant equipment and technologies.
Skills: Expertise with Apple Computers. Advanced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, color management, large format digital printing, digital scanning, and digital cameras. Knowledge of computer networks.
Other: Good written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills required. Must have a commitment to students and their educational needs.
In order to be considered please submit a resume, a cover letter that includes salary history and expectations, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Please apply via our website: http://tinyurl.com/bwpk5b9
Priority will be given to applications received by August, 3rd.
PRATT INSTITUTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND RECOGNIZES AND VALUES THE BENEFITS OF A DIVERSE WORKFORCE.
200 Willoughby Avenue
Brooklyn, New York 11205
United States of America