Creative Capital is looking for a detail-oriented database professional to manage and continue development on its organizational Filemaker Pro-based database, which houses the organization’s contact lists, archival list of applications, and project management systems. The Database Manager is solely responsible for this critical hub for organizational operations.
Candidates must have significant Filemaker Pro programming skills to maintain and enhance a complex legacy system, including experience with parameter-passing scripting, creating complex reports as well as ODBC-based interaction with live data in MySQL tables. In addition, the Database Manager will undertake a conversion of the entire system from Filemaker 11 to Filemaker 12.
The Manager will also be responsible for synchronization with other Information Technology systems, including MySQL databases, and Constant Contact email marketing integration as well as oversight and coordination of organizational data entry and tracking.
Previous work for a small or a non-profit organization, required. Position will be 24-hours per week and includes full benefits. Duties and responsibilities include:
Data back-up & Program upgrades
- Plan and manage version upgrades to Filemaker Pro and Filemaker Pro plug-ins. Work with Web Manager to plan and implement operating system upgrades on all organization computers
- Manage comprehensive Filemaker Server based back-up system for Creative Capital database
- Maintain and enhance VPN system and remote Filemaker Log-In for off-site staff and ancillary programs.
- Position also provides general IT support to Creative Capital and its ancillary programs as needed.
- Communications -- enhance coordination between Database and Constant Contact email marketing. Maintain systems for two-way synchronization with Constant Contact.
- Artist Services -- maintain and enhance synchronization with mySQL based grantee information; maintain and enhance management system for conference information.
- Grantmaking -- maintain and enhance web-hosted, Filemaker-based Panel Administration system and provide technical support to panels; maintain Application archive and link to organizational database; coordinate outreach to applicants.
Organizational data entry & Tracking
- Oversee general data entry by program staff in all areas of the organization. Create task-specific layouts, scripts and systems when necessary.
- Work with all staff to enhance and upgrade general database interface.
- Maintain and enhance reporting and statistics from all areas of the database. Create systems to allow Creative Capital staff to run custom reports as needed.
As needed, the Manager may also help develop long and short-term IT strategies to serve Creative Capital’s evolving mission; identify and oversee project-specific technology consultants.
Position available June 2012.
Please send a cover letter and resume, including salary requirements, to:
Director, External Affairs
65 Bleecker Street, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10012
Only qualified candidates will be contacted. For more information on Creative Capital, visit, creative-capital.org
65 Bleecker Street, 7th Floor
New York, New York 10012
United States of America