Montana State University Billings is the third largest University in Montana and is located in Montana’s largest city. The Senior campus, College of Technology and Downtown campus together are home to approximately 5,500 students. The University has five colleges, which offer a wide variety of degree programs to its students. Montana State University Billings employs approximately 500 employees, who together work hard to create an outstanding University.
DESCRIPTION: Primary responsibilities for this position include: teaching New Media and Photography classes along with other art courses to be determined; maintenance of digital arts and darkroom photography studio classrooms; initiate and maintain a program of research and scholarly development consistent with area of expertise, departmental guidelines and CBA requirements for tenure and promotion; student advisement; department and campus committee participation and development/delivery of appropriate online courses.
This position is expected to share the University commitment to outcomes assessment and Continuous Quality Improvement.
- Master of Fine Arts (MFA) degree in New Media, Photography or a related field
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, etc.) and other software and hardware
- Capable of teaching animation, video, media installation, net art, and both digital and darkroom photography
- Demonstrated ability to maintain darkroom photography and digital arts studio classrooms
- Thorough knowledge of New Media and Photography history with demonstrated engagement in critical and theoretical issues
- Active exhibition record
- Willingness to integrate emerging technologies into the existing curriculum and to assume a leadership role in curriculum development
1500 University Drive
Billings, Montana 59101
United States of America