(Lecturer - Art History)
Department of Art and Design
Open for Recruitment: April 9, 2008 - April 23, 2008
Announcement #: 13010042543
Salary Range: $35,000
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Shift: 3 classes per semester (3/3)
Online Application (www.hr.uidaho.edu)
Letter of Interest and Qualifications
Resume or Vitae
Statement of Scholarly Focus and Teaching Philosophy
Contact Information for References
Sample Syllabi/Course Materials
Evidence of Effective Teaching/Teaching Evaluations
One Year Appointment: Lecturer in Art History
The University of Idaho Department of Art & Design seeks a full time Lecturer in Art History to deliver the department’s curriculum in Art History.
Teach a 3-3 load for Fall 08 & Spring 09
200- and 300-level courses in visual culture, modern/contemporary art and Renaissance art history.
For course descriptions see: http://www.students.uidaho.edu/default.aspx?pid=18672
Salary and Benefits: Full benefits; salary commensurate with experience.
Required Minimum Qualifications
• PhD in Art History/ABD considered.
• Teaching experience at college level. Graduate teaching, if instructor of record, considered.
• Demonstrated knowledge to cover course content in above listed courses.
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
• Necessary administrative skills to manage ongoing maintenance of Art History curriculum.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver materials on Macintosh platform.
Application Process: Review of applications will begin on April 23, 2008 and continue until a suitable applicant has been identified. Priority consideration will be given to applicants that meet this deadline. The online application process requires the following:
• Letter of interest addressing qualifications.
• Complete résumé/vitae.
• Statement of scholarly focus and teaching philosophy.
• List of 5 references with 3 representing higher-education. Include names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses and brief biography of the references and your professional relationship
• Graduate transcript.
• Sample syllabi/course materials.
• Evidence of effective teaching/teaching evaluations.
Materials unable to be submitted online may be mailed to:
Chair of Art History Search Committee
Department of Art & Design
College of Art & Architecture
University of Idaho
P.O. Box 442471
Moscow, ID 83844-2471
PO Box 444332
(208) 885-3612 -or-
Copyright ©2007 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency